The St Matthew's Uniting Church Netball Club celebrated 44 years of running in 2021. We are one of the clubs that form Gooden Reserve Netball Association which is a smaller competition focused on fun, fairness, and encourages a family friendly environment.
The competition runs from March to August each year with games played every Saturday (not school holidays) at Gooden Reserve in Baulkham Hills commencing from 12 to 4:30pm and training is held during the week.
Online registration for each season begins in December and closes early February. For general enquires or registering to play, please email the club at [email protected] or find more information on their website HERE
Divisions (grades) are based on year at school, rather than skill level, and they are as follows:
Fun Net | Children in Kingergarten and Year 1
A fundamental and skills based program to learn about netball prior to joining a team when children commence Year 2 at school. The grades are as follows:
Sub Juniors | Children in Years 2 and 3
Juniors | Girls in Years 4 and 5
Intermediate | Girls in Years 6 and 7
YPs | Girls in Years 8 to 12
Opens | Women who are Post Highschool / 18 years and older
The St Matthews Soccer Club started in 1977 and since then has provided the game of soccer to boy's and girls of all ages within the core atmosphere of good fellowship. Over recent years our junior club has dropped but we are still here to provide the game of soccer within the church family and beyond.
We are always looking to welcome new members to the club, whether that be players or admin/support. If you are interested or have any questions please contact Jeff Cuff 0466825190
• 2019 was the last full season played and was highly successful with the highlights noted below.
• The 2020 season was interrupted by COVID which saw numbers fall during the season as players, however a dominant win was recorded in the State Cup.
• 2021 saw significant player movement and injuries deplete numbers, resulting in St Matthews forming a combined Premier League squad with Greystanes Churches. The competition was abandoned in June due to the COVID lockdown.
• Division 1 First Grade Champions
• Division 1 Reserve Grade Champions
• State Cup Runners Up
• A Grade Six a side Champions
• 3 players represented NSWCFA at the CFA National Titles in QLD. Rikard Bakke won the Golden Boot for the tournament. Rikard Bakke and David Cuff named in the Nation All Star team of the tournament.
• David Cuff played his 900th game for the club.
State Cup Champions
If you wish to comment or contribute to our website, please feel free to register for an account.
Registry and posting is approval based so please be patient as a moderator will attend to your request shortly.
© 2022 St Matthew's Uniting Church | Powered by Nodebb and Algebuckina Design